Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why don't some devices show on the device list?

LemonPeeler
Aspirant

Why don't some devices show on the device list?

We have two TP-Link powerline connectors for routing our Ethernet through the house wiring.  Each powerline connector provides two wired Ethernet ports for devices in another room.  One of the powerline devices is connected directly to the Orbi router.  Oddly, neither the two powerline connectors, nor the devices wired to them, show up on the Orbi list of devices.  Yet, all the devices connected to the TP-Link powerline adapters access the internet and function properly.  Why don’t we see those devices?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Why don't some devices show on the device list?

@LemonPeeler wrote:

We have two TP-Link powerline connectors for routing our Ethernet through the house wiring.  Each powerline connector provides two wired Ethernet ports for devices in another room.  One of the powerline devices is connected directly to the Orbi router.  Oddly, neither the two powerline connectors, nor the devices wired to them, show up on the Orbi list of devices.  Yet, all the devices connected to the TP-Link powerline adapters access the internet and function properly.  Why don’t we see those devices?

I, also, have Powerline adapters which do not appear as "Attached Devices", although they DO appear when I open the Powerline management software. (mine are TP-Link and I use the tpPLC software).  I believe they are like "unmanaged" ethernet switches.  They cannot be connected to by IP address.  I have unmanaged switches on my network which behave this way (invisible).  Whereas I also have a "managed" switch which actually does have an IP address (and a web interface).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7