Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why is my network map wrong

Ninovan
Star

Why is my network map wrong

With the last update my Orbi reports that NOTHING is using my satalites. It shows everything connected to the base.   I know this is wrong as each base has at least one PC -Wired- to it as well at close proximity to smart TVs, cameras, iPads, phones, and so on...

It is very hard to diagnose system issues when the limited info the Orbi gives us is wrong.

how do we get a valid network map?  

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 6
Ninovan
Star

Ah setup...

/ Satalite #1

Comcast modem >> Orbi < 

\ satalite #2

we have about 25 devices, a mix of PCs, amazon echos, cameras, VoIP boxes, media players, smart TVs, iPads, iPhones, printers, plotters, NASs, and an automation server... and a partridge in a pair tree.

the devices are even distributed about the house, so they should be distributed evenly umong the Orbi devices as well...

Message 3 of 6
cool2562
Star

If you upgraded to the new firmware you will need to restore to factory defaults and set up from scratch.

Message 4 of 6
Ninovan
Star

The network counties to function well, everyone is happy with the stability and speed, its just when I go to look at the network to try to head off any problems, the layout is wrong. I know the satalites are working as there are PCs connected to them that are working fine...

if if I didn't go wandering looking and trying to learn I would never know..

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7