Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why is this disconnect issue not in the news? Orbi should be recalled!

Hsc1102
Apprentice

Why is this disconnect issue not in the news? Orbi should be recalled!

For such a high priced item which has had very good reviews by all the tech sites such as cnet, etc... why aren't this issues that users are facing with constant disconnects more prevalent? This is a major factor that should be impacting the reviews and I suspect that had the reviewers do a long term update they would say this is an expensive clumsy system.

Imagine a company like apple if they had an issue like this it would be all over the news and their stock price would drop. Kind of like the bad press they got when they first issued apple maps. I know, different scale apple vs netgear but I have not seen even 1 article published which talks about these issues that buyers are facing and the slow to nonexistent solutions from netgear.

They should at this point be issuing a recall.
Message 1 of 7
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

The reason you don't see it on the news or in reviews is because it is an isolated issue, very few users are experimenting it regardless of all the posts on this board that make it look otherwise, keep in mind this is where people who experience issues come to ask questions or ask for help, for example you created not just one, but two topics to express your frustration (which is understandable but still inflates the ammount of posts on this board related to problems with the Orbi) the majority of buyers experience no issues and therefore don't even bother to come or look for message boards related to the item they purcahased and that is working perfectly fine, they are just happy enjoying life.

Message 2 of 7
Hsc1102
Apprentice

Even if this is an isolated to a small percentage, this leads me to believe that it is a hardware issue rather than a software issue for which they should be replacing for you.  And I agree people usually go to these forums because they are having issues and post numerous times.  But I still think you are minimizing the issue.  Usually ones that reach out to forums tend to be more technologically sound and have a idea of what is going on.  I argue that MOST buyers do not know that there is an issue with their Orbi and put up with the issues.  Or they attribute the issues to their ISP's vs the router itself.  Nonetheless, for a unit that costs $500 dollars my frustration is just with Netgears lack of customer service and quick resolution.  Why must we continue to utilize the forums for issues?  Their tech service / warranty, whatever it is... is lacking.

Message 3 of 7

@Hsc1102 wrote:

Even if this is an isolated to a small percentage, this leads me to believe that it is a hardware issue rather than a software issue for which they should be replacing for you.  And I agree people usually go to these forums because they are having issues and post numerous times.  But I still think you are minimizing the issue.  Usually ones that reach out to forums tend to be more technologically sound and have a idea of what is going on.  I argue that MOST buyers do not know that there is an issue with their Orbi and put up with the issues.  Or they attribute the issues to their ISP's vs the router itself.  Nonetheless, for a unit that costs $500 dollars my frustration is just with Netgears lack of customer service and quick resolution.  Why must we continue to utilize the forums for issues?  Their tech service / warranty, whatever it is... is lacking.

if you have issues there is a path to escilation and rma which i can help you with and plz message me if you wise take advantage of that

but if you want what orbi promises in whole home wifi plz install the latest fw and report back , it may even have installed by auto update

Message 4 of 7
jleecloak1
Apprentice

I just called Netgear to see if I can RMA my Orbi and my approximate wait time is 40 minutes and I am the 3rd caller in que. This is ridiculous, do they have that many issues or is it because they lack the number of employees to support their products?

Message 5 of 7
Hsc1102
Apprentice

I am already on V1.11.0.8

What else do I need to to?  

Message 6 of 7
ggoodenough
Aspirant

Same here, I'm on the latest FW and have reset it to factory settings.  I'm not software technician, but am fairly tech savy, and even with the new FW, I'm still having IP leasing issues.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7