Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why would Orbi system keep loosing it connecitivity

Zookeeper4Life
Follower

Why would Orbi system keep loosing it connecitivity

I purchased my Orbi (RBK-43-200NAS) a few days ago as I was told it was very easy to setup. well I followed the easy to set up instructions yet, my system is constantly loosing connectivity. If you don't have a teenager in the house be glad, because its a bad situation when they have no internet. what type of garbage did I buy Netgear?
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What do you mean by lose connectivity? Wireless and wired? 

What is happening when this appears? Need more information to help you out. 

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@Zookeeper4Life wrote:
I purchased my Orbi (RBK-43-200NAS) a few days ago as I was told it was very easy to setup. well I followed the easy to set up instructions yet, my system is constantly loosing connectivity. If you don't have a teenager in the house be glad, because its a bad situation when they have no internet. what type of garbage did I buy Netgear?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Well, this isn't helping us much to help you. Details will help us to help you out.

1. What modem are you using (model number, firmware)?

2. What firmware is on your router and satellites?

3. How large of an area are you attempting to cover?

4. how far apart are the router/satellites? They need a minimum of 30ft or they'll have issues.

5. what is your house made of and can you move stuff around a little? Hvac, plaster lathe, foil lined insulation, brick, concrete, all do a great job of blocking wifi signals. This makes the wireless backhaul unstable. If its HVAC blocking signals, sometimes moving stuff around a bit helps. 

6. When you say your system looses connetivity, what do you mean exactly? Is your wireless signal disappearing, your satellites not connecting, "internet not available messages", what exactly is going on? 

Again, details help us. Go into detail about the problems, what equipment you're using, the environment. The more we know the more we can help you. Orbi is pretty simple once its setup, updated, and configured properly. its as close to set and forget that I've used. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7