Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wi fi drops

iancooke101
Initiate

Wi fi drops

Hi, pretty new to this so hoping you can help. I've installed the Orbi and all appears to be fine except the wifi connection from the Satellite is ridiculously intermittent. Quite literally will switch from download speeds of 50mbps to 5 to 25 to dropping off completely to going back up to 45. Is there any way I can do something to create a more stable connection? My son is going mad as every few minutes his Xbox live drops completely so he's in and out of games, losing his connection. Really frustrating. Thanks in advance,

Ian C

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wi fi drops

Hello Iancooke101

You can try to adjust the wireless channel in the wireless settings you may also want to try and move the satellite a little closer to where the main router is.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
iancooke101
Initiate

Thanks for your reply. Logistics of the house mean they are as close as they can be. Light comes on blue so I'm assuming the proximity between router and satellite is ok. In terms of adjusting wireless channels do you mean set the Orbi to channel 1,6 or 11 via admin settings and / or on my BT broadband router which in turn connects via Ethernet to the Orbi router? Not sure if I need to change channel settings on both? Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello iancooke101

you would just need to adjust the channel on the orbi.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7