Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Protected setup with firmware 2.2.1.210

aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

WiFi Protected setup with firmware 2.2.1.210

Has anyone successfully set up a device on the RBK50 running firmware 2.2.1.210 using WiFi protected setup?

I have an alarm system running a wifi connector and when I run 2.2.1.210 it refuses to connect. I roll back the firmware even on one satelite to the previous version and it connects just fine to that satelite.

Anyone... I've private messages a few negear staff on the board but no one is helping with this issue.

Unfortunately it keeps updating every night and I've tried to use the instructions on the board to block that - but it keeps happening.

Message 1 of 9
ekhalil
Master

Re: WiFi Protected setup with firmware 2.2.1.210

WPS works fine for me on 2.2.1.210.
Used WPS to connect my HP printer, LG TV and a D-Link Wifi extender.
Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

How was the update performed, via auto upate or manually? if auto update, try a manual FW re-load, factory reset and setup from scratch and see. 

Does the device support just connecting to the SSID and PW? 

Also If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

You might temporarily disable WMM and see. 

@aaz wrote:

Has anyone successfully set up a device on the RBK50 running firmware 2.2.1.210 using WiFi protected setup?

I have an alarm system running a wifi connector and when I run 2.2.1.210 it refuses to connect. I roll back the firmware even on one satelite to the previous version and it connects just fine to that satelite.

Anyone... I've private messages a few negear staff on the board but no one is helping with this issue.

Unfortunately it keeps updating every night and I've tried to use the instructions on the board to block that - but it keeps happening.

Message 3 of 9
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks - that helps - it may be just this particular device. That is unfortunate as it means this issue will die because of lack of attention. But thanks for the reply.

Message 4 of 9
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've applied it manually at first, then after I could not get things working I rolled everything back. Then it did the auto-update and the WPS still refuses to work.

As I mentioned - I roll back one satellite and it connects just fine to that sattelite but over night the firmware auto-updates again and my alarm system goes offline.

I am beginning to feel the frustration with netgear as others have expressed on this board - I don't think I can recommend this product to anyone anymore. The support is completely inadequate for this product.

Thanks for your reply Furry. 

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll forward this to NG for review. Haven't see any other mention issues with WPS. Not sure how many others do actually use it as opposed to using SSID and PW connect. 

@Christian_R

Message 6 of 9
ekhalil
Master

Try -somehow- to reset the network on the device then try WPS again.

Does the device support WPS Push-Button or Pin method? 

Message 7 of 9
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi, it's a push button method - not pin.

http://resolutionproducts.com/products/interactive-gateway-modules/wi-fi/ 

Thanks for your response - I just been too busy and have not checked the forum for a while.

I will call the alarm company and attempt a reset of the device still, because likely after reset they will need to reset it up.

Message 8 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@aaz wrote:

Hi, it's a push button method - not pin.

http://resolutionproducts.com/products/interactive-gateway-modules/wi-fi/ 

Thanks for your response - I just been too busy and have not checked the forum for a while.

I will call the alarm company and attempt a reset of the device still, because likely after reset they will need to reset it up.

Have you had any luck with this?

I noticed that there is a parameter "Enable Enhanced WPS" in the debug page (orbilogin.net/debug). Can you please check if this is -somehow- ticked in your system?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7