Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Speed Slow - ATT Fiber 1000

Swanny297
Aspirant

WiFi Speed Slow - ATT Fiber 1000

I have ATT fiber 1000. I have the Orbi router connected to the ATT gateway in router mode and I have the ATT modem in Passthrough mode. When I did this I selected the RBR in the MAC address list I didn’t change anything else.
I am getting 985 upload speed and 698 download speed at the ATT gateway but when I do a speed test on the WiFi signal they are both in the 200s - am I doing something wrong?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi Speed Slow - ATT Fiber 1000

ATT devices are notorious for their passthrough mode not working properly.

A fast, easy check?

Put the att router back in router mode, disable its wireless, and place the orbi in access point mode. 

If you speeds go back to what's expected, the att passthrough isn't functioning as it should. 

Message 2 of 5
Swanny297
Aspirant

This is how I initially had it and speeds were similar I was hoping that setting it up in Passthrough and the RBR in router would push a better signal to the Orbi router.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

What firmware are you on?

Are you testing wired or wireless?

have you tried resetting the orbi at all? Never a bad idea if the firmware has changed and had issues afterwards. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7