Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi scheduler missing in Orbi app

Matt72
Follower

WiFi scheduler missing in Orbi app

So I finally upgraded to a Orbi RBK50 system (meshed network solution consisting of main router & satellite) for the sake of getting better coverage across my home.This is an upgrade from my previous Nighthawk R7000 router.

While the new Orbi system works great thus far (just installed it today), I am missing the feature of the Nighthawk app to set a schedule for enabling/disabling the WiFi connectivity of the router. Some of my house's bedrooms are in proximity to the router and I don't like family members sleeping with all that electromagnetic radiation (or pollution) in the air.

I understand here we're talking main router + satellite, but all it takes is a timer module on both devices so that they can re-enable the WiFi signal at the scheduled on-time for the signal, then the two devices should be able to pair up again just like during the setup procedure. I can't see why this feature couldn't be provided...? Any plans for this to be added anytime soon?

Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: WiFi scheduler missing in Orbi app

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: WiFi scheduler missing in Orbi app

@Matt72 wrote:

So I finally upgraded to a Orbi RBK50 system (meshed network solution consisting of main router & satellite) for the sake of getting I can't see why this feature couldn't be provided...? Any plans for this to be added anytime soon?

Netgear has an "Ideas" forum where customers suggest changes.  There is even a post on this very subject (at least one).  You can add to that post and "Like" it.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Wireless-scheduler/idi-p/1734873 

Just my personal opinion, but with the sort of functionality issues customers keep raising (signal dropping, no ethernet, DNS failures, etc.) my guess is that this would be pretty far down their priority list.  Would be interesting to know if the new Nighthawk "AX" products still support this feature.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7