Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi traffic data

donpearson
Aspirant

WiFi traffic data

Is their a way for me to setup the traffic data to register the wireless data instead of internet...
I use my Orbi in AP mode so it would be a much better use if it then no information at all as it is now.
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

When in AP mode, most of the management and routing features are disabled. You would have to find some management features on your main host router to see if anything there fits what your looking for. 

Message 2 of 10
donpearson
Aspirant

I know most of the stuff is disabled in AP mode.
I’m not looking for a way to use a third party device, I’m hoping there’s a way for Netgear to sort it out or a hack somehow
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

When i AP mode those features are disabled since they require the use of the router mode and WAN Port. When in router mode TM would be enabled. NG doesn't support TM being used in AP mode. IT's not technically feasable. 

Message 4 of 10
donpearson
Aspirant

Of course it’s technically possible to show WiFi traffic data instead of internet traffic data.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@donpearson wrote:
Of course it’s technically possible to show WiFi traffic data instead of internet traffic data.

When in AP mode, I think -but not sure- that you will still be able to see the statistics in the web GUI under >> ADVANCED >> ADVANCED Home >> SHOW STATISTICS, which looks like this:

Namnlöst.png

Message 7 of 10
donpearson
Aspirant

Sorry im talking about the app and not the web gui.
Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to request of them. 

Message 9 of 10
BobDelp
Guide

They can't seem to track ANY data usage.

My orbi app data usage shows 0.00 M Today, Yesterday, This Week and This Month.

It does show I transferred  0.07 MB last month...

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7