Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wie viele LAN-Verbindungen sind beim RBS20 möglich?

gadabout
Aspirant

Wie viele LAN-Verbindungen sind beim RBS20 möglich?

Wie im Titel bereits beschrieben, interessiert mich wie viele Geräte man (ohne Switch) an einen Orbi RBS20-Satelliten hängen kann. Ich weiss, dass zwei RJ45 Stecker vorhanden sind aber manchmal ist von zwei LAN-, manchmal von einem LAN- und einem WAN-Port die Rede. Kann der WAN-Port für den Anschluss eines zusätzlichen Clients genutzt werden oder ist er nur für den Anschluss eines Satelliten per LAN an den Router?
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Wie viele LAN-Verbindungen sind beim RBS20 möglich?

@gadabout wrote:
As described in the title, I'm interested in how many devices you can hang (without a switch) on an Orbi RBS20 satellite. I know that there are two RJ45 connectors but sometimes there are two LANs, sometimes a LAN and a WAN port. Can the WAN port be used for connecting an additional client or is it only for connecting a satellite via LAN to the router?

RBS20 (Orbi Satellite) has 2 LAN ports that you can use to connect wired devices to.

RBR20 (Orbi Router) has one LAN port and one WAN port. The WAN port can only be used to connect Orbi to the ISP modem/router (internet source).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

@gadabout wrote:
As described in the title, I'm interested in how many devices you can hang (without a switch) on an Orbi RBS20 satellite. I know that there are two RJ45 connectors but sometimes there are two LANs, sometimes a LAN and a WAN port. Can the WAN port be used for connecting an additional client or is it only for connecting a satellite via LAN to the router?

RBS20 (Orbi Satellite) has 2 LAN ports that you can use to connect wired devices to.

RBR20 (Orbi Router) has one LAN port and one WAN port. The WAN port can only be used to connect Orbi to the ISP modem/router (internet source).

Message 2 of 3
gadabout
Aspirant

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the clarification!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7