Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Extender

Stallion69
Tutor

Wifi Extender

I currently have a few dead spots in my house and i am using the Orbi RBR50 with Router and 2 satellites.  The router is located in the basement, and the two satellites are loacted on main floor.  I wanted to extend the wifi signal in the basement and also a section of the the main floor.  What should i use? Doesn't ORBI sell the (plug in's) that extend the signal?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Wifi Extender

@Stallion69 wrote:

I currently have a few dead spots in my house and i am using the Orbi RBR50 with Router and 2 satellites.  The router is located in the basement, and the two satellites are loacted on main floor.  I wanted to extend the wifi signal in the basement and also a section of the the main floor.  What should i use? Doesn't ORBI sell the (plug in's) that extend the signal?

The original Orbi satellites appear to be in short supply (almost impossible to find).  On the recommendation of @Mstrbig , I picked up a RBS40V (voice) from Amazon for $99.  Least costly solution and works perfectly.  (So far, I have resisted the entreties to activate Alexa on it.)

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

@CrimpOn why resist alexa? The speaker has pretty good sound and if I'm worried about the world/corporations tracking my statements, I'd have to get rid of my phone too.

one of us....one of us....... 🙂 

Message 3 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@Stallion69 wrote:

Since you have an RBR50 and assumming you have 2 RBS50 satellites, if you want the same fast backhaul, as well as better spped and coverage, go with an RBS50 or converted RBR50 to RBS50 satellite. As mentioned the RBS40V is a good alternative, although not as powerful. I PM'd you.

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

I wasn't aware  you can convert the RBR50 to a satellite......tell me more.....

Message 5 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@plemans wrote:

I wasn't aware  you can convert the RBR50 to a satellite......tell me more.....

I PM'd you, as it may not be acceptable to post

Message 6 of 7
Stallion69
Tutor

Orbi.PNGSo this Unit will extend one of my ORBI satellites?  I currently have an Alexa ECHO in my kitchen, and i can replace it with this one as long as it will boost my ORBI Satellite signal.  Is this statement correct?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7