Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Mesh

Ponxs
Follower

Wifi Mesh

SO I have poor wifi speed due to a high density of routers in the area. I pick up at least 11 wifi signals. Will putting in an Orbi system help with this. curious before I purchase anything. I have tried changing chanels and it does not help.

Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Wifi Mesh

@Ponxs wrote:

SO I have poor wifi speed due to a high density of routers in the area. I pick up at least 11 wifi signals. Will putting in an Orbi system help with this. curious before I purchase anything. I have tried changing chanels and it does not help.

I doubt your speed issue is due to your neighbors specifically.  

The Orbi does offer a more robust wifi (MESH) network over the standard when used with a Sat.  Even so, setting the wifi channel to AUTO is your best bet.  Setting your wifi channel to a specific channel in most cases is a waste of time for chances are your neighbors are doing the same.

Wifi speed has many factors involved.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You can turn down the power output of the wifi radios on your current router to see if this helps any, if your router supports this. Helps in reducing the interferences seen when in a wifi congested area or environment. 

@Ponxs wrote:

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

brillant

Message 4 of 5
tucsontico
Virtuoso

This article explains why WiFi can be a poor choice due to co-channel interference. 

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/03/802-eleventy-what-a-deep-dive-into-why-wi-fi-...

Certainly worth trying to turn down the signal strength of your WiFi radio, if possible. However, the other WiFi signals may "drown" yours out depending on their relative strength. Best bet is to hard wire with ethernet cables. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7