Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Off every 5 mins !!

Zuhair2008
Tutor

Wifi Off every 5 mins !!

Hello

I just bought RBK53, WiFi signal is turning OFF and ON every 1-5 sometime every 45 minutes and I don't no what's the solution.

Firmware Version V2.2.1.210

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wifi Off every 5 mins !!

Do a factory reset on the system and setup from scratch. If it still continues, 

Try a Manual FW load:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@Zuhair2008 wrote:
Hello

I just bought RBK53, WiFi signal is turning OFF and ON every 1-5 sometime every 45 minutes and I don't no what's the solution.

Message 2 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@Zuhair2008 wrote:
Hello

What wired devices do you have connected to Orbi? Any mesh speakers (e.g. Sonos)?

Message 3 of 13
Zuhair2008
Tutor

Nothing changed .. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Do a factory reset on the system and setup from scratch. If it still continues, 

Try a Manual FW load:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@Zuhair2008 wrote:
Hello

Message 4 of 13
Zuhair2008
Tutor

My connection is Fibre .. I'm using Huawei EchoLife HG8245Q , there are two devices connected to it 

Wired :

1- Huawei EchoLife HG8245Q --> RBR50 .

2- Huawei EchoLife HG8245Q --> TP-Link  Powerline 1 --> connected to TP-Link Powerline 2

nothing wired connected to RBR50

@ekhalil wrote:

@Zuhair2008 wrote:
Hello

What wired devices do you have connected to Orbi? Any mesh speakers (e.g. Sonos)?

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Zuhair2008 wrote:

My connection is Fibre .. I'm using Huawei EchoLife HG8245Q , there are two devices connected to it 

Wired :

2- Huawei EchoLife HG8245Q --> TP-Link  Powerline 1 --> connected to TP-Link Powerline 2

Message 6 of 13
Zuhair2008
Tutor

I tried step 3.. Nothing changed.

Is there anyway to make two different ssids names? One for 2.4 and the other for 5.0 ? Maybe this step will fix the problem. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Zuhair2008 wrote:

Wired :

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Separating SSIDs is not supported on the orbi, though there is a couple of threads regarding users separating the SSIDs on the Orbi. 

You shouldn't have to do this however. 

You sure the Wireless is disabled and fully OFF on the ISP modem? 

Any other wifi sources near by? 

What happens if you turn down the wireless power output on the radios, found under Advanced Tab/Advanced/Wireless settings? 

Also set a manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz. 

I presume nothing works to help this, you may have a bad system and would need to be RMAd. 

Message 8 of 13
ekhalil
Master

It seems that your ISP modem is providing DHCP functionality as well as the Orbi which might be the cause of the disturbances you’re seeing.
Can you please test to set Orbi in AP mode and see if this will give any improvement.
Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

I think they have already tried that...

Message 10 of 13
Zuhair2008
Tutor

I changed the channel from auto to 11.

More than 3 hours everything working great .. if the problem still there I will inform you.

Thank you for your support

Can I ask you what do you mean with RAMd ?

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Separating SSIDs is not supported on the orbi, though there is a couple of threads regarding users separating the SSIDs on the Orbi. 

What happens if you turn down the wireless power output on the radios, found under Advanced Tab/Advanced/Wireless settings? 

I presume nothing works to help this, you may have a bad system and would need to be RMAd. 

Message 11 of 13
ekhalil
Master

Which devices are attached to the TP-link power-line which is connected to the Huawei router? Those devices will get IP addresses from the Huawei Router and will not be able to communicate with devices attached to Orbi.
I think that this is part of the issue.
Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad changing channels helped. Sounds like there maybe some 2.4Ghz wifi interferences on the other channels. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Zuhair2008 wrote:

I changed the channel from auto to 11.

More than 3 hours everything working great .. if the problem still there I will inform you.

Thank you for your support

Can I ask you what do you mean with RAMd ?

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7