Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Speed test

Amarjit
Follower

Wifi Speed test

Recently purchased and configured it. Netgear Orbi app is showing the upload speed 27 MBps and downlaod speed around 500 Mbps.

I connected teh PC to Orbi network and checked the speed using Spectrun Speed Test and it is showing me .8 Mbps downlaod speed and 1.4mbps upload speed.

Any idea about this issue? Is it normal or did i make some mistake while configuring Orbi?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

Re: Wifi Speed test

Have you tried direct hook up to the Orbi router to test? Do you have another PC, preferably a different brand, you can connect through wifi to see if the issue is with the particular PC and its configuation? Some PC manufacturers put apps and additional firewall protocols that can affect your devices response (sometimes these screw up like Dell SmartByte), and need trouble shooting or backing them out to fix. Normally you would expect that if your mobile devices are getting close to your ISP contracted speed, the issue lines within the device configuation and/or apps. I have had similar problems with guests whose PC notebooks just did not like Orbi very much and that turned out to be configuations in their PC's that were supposed to be managing priorities, but somehow were losing their little app minds connected to my system..

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wifi Speed test

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Wired speed testing is preferred...

Have you enabled QoS on the Orbi router any? 

@Amarjit wrote:

Recently purchased and configured it. Netgear Orbi app is showing the upload speed 27 MBps and downlaod speed around 500 Mbps.

I connected teh PC to Orbi network and checked the speed using Spectrun Speed Test and it is showing me .8 Mbps downlaod speed and 1.4mbps upload speed.

Any idea about this issue? Is it normal or did i make some mistake while configuring Orbi?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7