Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will Orbi work with Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router

aldao
Aspirant

Will Orbi work with Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router

Hi,

I recently purchased Orbi router with Satellit to cover to my 3000 sf house. I'm currently using 9000 NightHawk WiFi router. I connected the Orbi router via Eithernet cable from the 9000 NightHawk WiFi router and everything seems working ok. My question is with this type of setup, Cable Modem, 9000 NightHawk WiFi Router, and then Orbi am I losing the maximum potential of the Orbi in terms of signal strength? Should I disconnect the 9000 NightHawk WiFi router completely and have only the Orbi as my Main WiFi router? Any help is greatly appreciat it.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
aldao
Aspirant

Re: Will Orbi work with Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router

It did help! Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

hi

your best setup is to run the r9000 as your router and disable its wifi and use the orbi behind it in access point mode , the r9000 has a better cpu and ram so as a router will work better and leave the wifi to the orbi in ap mode

Message 2 of 4
aldao
Aspirant

It did help! Thank you for your help.
Message 3 of 4
aldao
Aspirant

Now I fixed the router interface, I noticed speed for download and upload is a bit slow. For example, when I test my speed with Speedtest I get 48 MBits for download and 0.89 Mbps for upload. When I test my Orbi Speedtest I get 4.59Mbps download and 0.49 Mbps for upload. I see the upload is reasonable however, the download is so far off from what current connection with proivder is. Could that be contributed to having Orbi configurations (i.e., having NightHawk router between Orbi and the Modem? Appreciate any help. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7