Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will be returning my RBK22 to Costco. Cannot even disable the backhaul wifi band

sg678
Tutor

Will be returning my RBK22 to Costco. Cannot even disable the backhaul wifi band

Have been struggling and  trying to find a way a way for last 1 week to disable the hidden wireless 5Ghz backhaul as it conficts with my phone. I already hard wired the satellite with the router.

Tried all suggestions in this forum and still was not able to do this. Surprising that Netgear does not even provide basic capability like this. Why  even give an option for ethernet backhaul if we cannot cotrol/disable the  hidden 5Ghz band.

Bye Bye Orbi.  Tried but you were not for me.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Will be returning my RBK22 to Costco. Cannot even disable the backhaul wifi band

Orbi doesn't allow for the backhaul to be disabled. Its there for a reason and by design!!! MESH requires everything to be working as intended. If there is interference then you'll need to check with the phones Mfr. 

Orbi works as intended. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7