Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will this Orbi setup work?

Pableau_
Aspirant

Will this Orbi setup work?

Hello,

So, i'm thinking of buying the Orbi rbk23 micro. Was wondering if it's necessary to buy two sattelites or just one. So I live in a three story house but with one story in between that I don't own. So I could place one near the modem on the first floor and then the satellite in the room where I want wifi on the third floor, I would skip a whole story. I could place the second satellite in the hallway on the second floor, but is it necessary to buy a second satellite. Also in that room where I want better wifi is already 2 bars but just not that fast.

Thanks!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Will this Orbi setup work?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected

Message 2 of 6
Pableau_
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

I don't use foot in my country, but according to google its 735 square ft.

Each floor in my house is about 3 meters high so it'll be about 7 meters which is less than 30 foot. The orbi would be directly above the other one, The walls are brick and the ceillings are wood.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Brick may cause problems. You'll have to test and set the satellites so that the signal reads good between them and the RBR. 

Good luck. 

Message 4 of 6
Pableau_
Aspirant

it won't go through brick though cause the roof is made out of wood. Or?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to test this out and see how it goes. 30 feet is recommended starting distance between the RBR and RBS to begin with. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7