Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Windows 7 sees Orbi rbr50 as Gateway not Router

Sookas63
Aspirant

Windows 7 sees Orbi rbr50 as Gateway not Router

I just set up my Orbi but I'm having problems with my Windows 7 Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet connection. Windows 7 sees Orbi RBRK50 as Gateway not Router. The Orbi is in router mode not AP. Not sure if there are some settings that I need to change or what. My old ASUS system saw the ethernet cable connection but the Orbi doesn't. The PC is desktop and has no wifi connection.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Nothing worng with this.

Is the system working?

Different router Mfr may setup different lables for there products and how Windows detects them.

Message 2 of 5
raven_au
Virtuoso

@Sookas63 wrote:

I just set up my Orbi but I'm having problems with my Windows 7 Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet connection. Windows 7 sees Orbi RBRK50 as Gateway not Router. The Orbi is in router mode not AP. Not sure if there are some settings that I need to change or what. My old ASUS system saw the ethernet cable connection but the Orbi doesn't. The PC is desktop and has no wifi connection.

I don't understand what the problem is?

It sounds like the Orbi should be seen as a Gateway (assuming I understand your meaning) in this configuration.

What isn't working for you?

How are you expecting it to work?

Message 3 of 5
Sookas63
Aspirant

I want to network with other computers in my home. Right now there is no network and so no sharing of files and such.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to make sure all your Windows PCs are using the same named Workgroup name. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7