Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wink Hub - Losing WiFi config

OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Wink Hub - Losing WiFi config

My wink lights have been stable for a year now, responding to Alexa/Echo as expected. Since replacing 4 small APs with the Orbi two days ago, my Wink hub goes into wifi setup mode (pink/purple flashing light) daily.  Repeating the wifi brings it back online.

Based on conversations here, I suspect the satellite (3 ft from wink) is dropping out, causing Wink to think the SSID no longer exists. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, is there a way to search only the Orbi forum?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Wink Hub 1 or Wink Hub 2?  The Hub 1 is notorious for doing what you're describing.  

Message 2 of 5
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

@TXGunLover wrote:

Wink Hub 1 or Wink Hub 2?  The Hub 1 is notorious for doing what you're describing.  

Wink 1, but it's never done it in the year I've had it. Only after I installed the Orbi did it start this.  I've moved them farther apart to see if that helps.  It's been 24 hours and so far no repeats, so maybe it that.

P.S.  Love your handle, and guns too!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 5
loomis1975
Luminary

Wink Hub 1 is wireless only and mine would reliably go bonkers on a reguar basis if it was within 5 feet of a router, arlo pro base station, pretty much anything that did some wifi transmitting with any power.level.  Thank goodness the Wink Hub 2 is wired and it can sit closer to other equipment.  I banished the Wink Hub 1 to just keep an eye on the front door lock 🙂  I think you will have better luck keeping it further away from the Wifi..

Message 4 of 5
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Currently located about 25ft from Orbi (and inside a wood cabinet) and working fine.  Previous location was about 3ft from Orbi.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7