Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wired Backhaul

chuahyenhua
Apprentice

Another wifi mesh router just hit town.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-portal-smart-wi-fi-router-latest-wi-fi-mesh-networking-rout...

I am still amazed by how netgear can put up with the competition since this new router offer wireless or wired backhaul.

With the latest version installed in my Orbi, my staffs are complaining that they experienced dropped signals in the satelite orbi. While playing youtube videos on 2 ipads connected to the satelites, the playback can sometimes stopped to see that the wifi signal is gone and then back again.

I think i have to revert back to two routers with two different SSID again. This mesh networking is worse off than having 2 routers linked via ethernet cable.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 26 of 30
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Here is you issue and there's no sign of a fix. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-backhall-signal-dropping-to-Zero/td-p/1276320

Netgear keeps up with the competition due to fake reviews.
Message 27 of 30
NJITman
Guide

After using Orbi for two months, I am convinced that the mesh system of devices does not work as designed.  Without Ethernet backhaul, the Orbi system starts off at a huge disadvantage.  Add in the network drop issues that people are experiencing on the wireless backhaul.  I have switched back to my NightHawk - never had any problems and it is back to full speed for the network as well.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 28 of 30
JMU1998
Luminary

I wish they would include the wired backhaul feature in the next Beta 

Message 29 of 30
bbreneman
Initiate

Yes please.  The Orbi wireless performance is great and the system is a huge upgrade, but for those of us unable to put the router in the middle of the house wired backhaul would be a huge improvement.  Either that or the ability to chain the backhaul between satellites (real mesh).

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 32 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7