Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wired Connection to Satellite

JMU1998
Luminary

if I am not mistaken I think I saw a moderator post in a thread hereythat Netgear is looking into wired backhaul no time-frame yet when it will be included in Firmware.

Message 51 of 58
JMU1998
Luminary

This link is for the discussion for requesting wired backhaul, please let your opinion and voice count for the wired backhaul idea:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Netgear-Orbi-Wired-Sattelite/idi-p/1145210

Message 52 of 58
Hirrdgoon
Apprentice

Too little to late for me. I returned the Orbi due to lack of wired backhaul. I would have kept it if it had it. Assumed from the getgo that it had the feature since its so basic, and all other compatition has it. Also including mutiple ethernet ports gave me the faslse belief.

Going with another system with this feature.

Message 53 of 58
JMU1998
Luminary

What other system are you looking at just curious.

Message 54 of 58
Hirrdgoon
Apprentice

Unifi devices, which is completly different than orbi or any of the mesh systems.

Message 55 of 58
adambean
Luminary

Have there been any updates on this topic in regards to existing Orbi systems allowing connectivity between router and satellites via ethernet?

Thanks

Message 56 of 58
captain_phaser
Apprentice

@adambean wrote:

Have there been any updates on this topic in regards to existing Orbi systems allowing connectivity between router and satellites via ethernet?

Thanks

There has been a statement from a Netgear employee stating that they are working on it, but no official timeframe was given. The latest news comes from techhive who states at the bottom of this review that a firmware update is coming this Auguest/September to add ethernet backhaul:

http://www.techhive.com/article/3208225/network-router/netgear-orbi-rbk30-wifi-system-review-its-not...

Message 57 of 58
dweng
Aspirant

The mesh router can not connect to satellite by wireless in the mutiple-storey house and the distance between two story is the minumum distance. The solution will be wired Ethernet backbone and I am using three routers that connect by Ethernet cable.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 58 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7