Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired connection to Orbi RBR50

DaveWh
Follower

Wired connection to Orbi RBR50

I have an Orbi RBR50 and it has been working very well. I have had a wired SureFlap cat flap connected to the satellite. It then operates a catflap via its own wifi. It has suddenly stopped working. On investigation the Orbi satellite refuses to connect despite it being in the list of devices it recognises. Bizarrely, it will connect directly to the main Orbi device (which I can't use since it is too far from the cat flap it controls). Any thoughts on why a very simple wired device will connect via wired connection to the main Orbi but not the satellite? This was working until recently and it is not the cat flap device (I purchased a second one just in case)

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Wired connection to Orbi RBR50

@DaveWh wrote:

On investigation the Orbi satellite refuses to connect despite it being in the list of devices it recognises. Bizarrely, it will connect directly to the main Orbi device (which I can't use since it is too far from the cat flap it controls). Any thoughts on why a very simple wired device will connect via wired connection to the main Orbi but not the satellite? This was working until recently and it is not the cat flap device (I purchased a second one just in case)

"being in the list of devices" means there is an entry in the LAN Setup with the MAC address of the cat flap controller?

"was working until recently" means that it DID connect to the satellite, but no longer does?

Does the Orbi "Attached Devices" page show the controller as attached?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7