Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired connection to satalite instead of router

Cylux
Aspirant

Wired connection to satalite instead of router

Dear community,
Can my wired speed be lower when I connect 3 wired devices to a wired satalite instead of the router?

I am asking cause I don’t know if I want to pull 1 utp from the router to satalite and then 3 devices trough the satalite or 4 utps from the router.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Wired connection to satalite instead of router

@Cylux wrote:
So it should not lower the quality/speed of my netwerk if I connect devices wired to a wired satalite instead of the devices wired to the router.

You should not see lower quality if the cable between the Router and the Satellite has good quality. On the contrary you might get even better quality in this case if you will need shorter cables to the devices from the Satellite than what you would need from the Router.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can. 

You can also add on a non managed non green ethernet lan switch, ports 5 up to 48 if you like on the back of the RBR if you need additional LAN ports. 

Message 2 of 4
Cylux
Aspirant

Thanks for your anwser.

So it should not lower the quality/speed of my netwerk if I connect devices wired to a wired satalite instead of the devices wired to the router.
Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@Cylux wrote:

You should not see lower quality if the cable between the Router and the Satellite has good quality. On the contrary you might get even better quality in this case if you will need shorter cables to the devices from the Satellite than what you would need from the Router.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7