Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired device connected to Satellite with reserved IP address on LAN, NOT LISTED on Attached Devices

ricblue
Tutor

Wired device connected to Satellite with reserved IP address on LAN, NOT LISTED on Attached Devices

Very odd problem

I have set a reserved (fixed local) IP address for a networked printer using Orbi / Advanced / Setup / LAN Setup.  This is definitely working as the printer reports that it is on the correct reserved address.  I can also access the printer's HTML interface at the chosen IP address - all good

BUT - the Printer is NEVER LISTED as a Attached Device by Orbi on either the main base station web UI  or on the Satellite web UI to which it is attached by 6' Ethernet cable.

Printer is HP4100 with internal HP JetDirect Ethernet card (old but completely reliable tank of a printer) 

Frustratingly, I do similar address reservations for $cheap RaspberryPi-W, RaspPi 3 and CHIP device -- all show up correctly at their reserved addresses on the Connected Devices lists.   $300 Windows HTPC connected via Wired connection to BASE STATION Orbi reports correctly.  This printer is WIRES to SATELLITE - is that the issue???

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: Wired device connected to Satellite with reserved IP address on LAN, NOT LISTED on Attached Devi

@ricblue wrote:

Very odd problem

I have set a reserved (fixed local) IP address for a networked printer using Orbi / Advanced / Setup / LAN Setup.  This is definitely working as the printer reports that it is on the correct reserved address.  I can also access the printer's HTML interface at the chosen IP address - all good

BUT - the Printer is NEVER LISTED as a Attached Device by Orbi on either the main base station web UI  or on the Satellite web UI to which it is attached by 6' Ethernet cable.

Printer is HP4100 with internal HP JetDirect Ethernet card (old but completely reliable tank of a printer) 

Frustratingly, I do similar address reservations for $cheap RaspberryPi-W, RaspPi 3 and CHIP device -- all show up correctly at their reserved addresses on the Connected Devices lists.   $300 Windows HTPC connected via Wired connection to BASE STATION Orbi reports correctly.  This printer is WIRES to SATELLITE - is that the issue???

I have one old 802.11b device that similarly does not show in connected devices on Orbi. It also does not show on my third-party router.  But, it works so I don't worry about it.  If I did care, I would replace the old device with a more modern version.

If your printer is working, and you have the IP address reserved in Orbi (so Orbi doesn't give the IP to another device), then you have nothing to worry about.  You can just use it as is.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7