Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless Backhaul 5GHz not working after update firmware v2.7.2.104

PCSP
Guide

Wireless Backhaul 5GHz not working after update firmware v2.7.2.104

Hi Everyone,

In past year, I use Orbi Firmware v2.5.1.16 (https://kb.netgear.com/000061838/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-16). This month, I try to update v2.7.2.104 for security issues (https://kb.netgear.com/000062857/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-7-2-104)

After update, I notice my network not relabilty/not stable. I login to see status of satellite. It always connect 2.4GHz never do 5GHz ... I try it for few week. It still always connect 2.4 ... I decided downgrade firmware to 2.5.1.16 (last my working firmware). After downgrade, It connect satellite with 5 GHz ...

How I can fix the problem ? or waiting new firmware version?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wireless Backhaul 5GHz not working after update firmware v2.7.2.104

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Factory reset both RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. 

Walk thru the setup wizard. Be sure to not enable Armor, Circle or Traffic meter. Set time zone and DST to there correct values. 

I would had the RBS while in the same room with the RBR to ensure they sync correcty to the RBR. Do this one at a time. 

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@PCSP wrote:

After update, I notice my network not relabilty/not stable. I login to see status of satellite. It always connect 2.4GHz never do 5GHz ... I try it for few week. It still always connect 2.4 ... I decided downgrade firmware to 2.5.1.16 (last my working firmware). After downgrade, It connect satellite with 5 GHz ...

I found firmware 2.5.2.4 to be very stable. Was on it for months.

Can you clarify, were the satellites manually loaded with the new firmware before updating the router?

I can think of no reason why an Orbi system would change backhaul speed if nothing has moved. (Router and satellites remain in the same physical location the entire time.)

Message 3 of 5
PCSP
Guide

Around 110sqm x 2 (2 floor)

I try to reset factory and set only internet but still same problem not connect 5GHz

I manual downgrade to 2.5.x by login each satellites and upload the old firmware and do the router. I do it when I upgrade to 2.7 too
Message 4 of 5
PCSP
Guide

Yes I manually update firmware and downgrade firmware from each satellites then router

and everything same location not move... I dont know why newest firmware didnt connect with 5G but 2.5.x connect with 5G
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7