Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless printer periodically connecting/disconnecting from Orbi router - SOLUTION HERE

KiwiChris
Aspirant

Wireless printer periodically connecting/disconnecting from Orbi router - SOLUTION HERE

I have a Dymo wireless label printer on my RBR50 Orbi AC3000 network.

I use the Dymo label app from my iPad iOS.

Every so often I see the wifi light on the printer go from solid on, to flash then go solid again and at that point the app says "printer not connected". Sometimes I can refind the printer, sometimes I have to reboot the app and/or the printer. Sometimes I can't seem to refind the printer and after a few minutes of trying give up and come back later.

i was trolling this site looking for answers and found a previous thread from last year that suggested all sorts of setting changes on the Orbi router.

One was to disable the Daisy-Chain setting under Advanced/Wireless.

This worked and my printer now stays connected. HTH

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Wireless printer periodically connecting/disconnecting from Orbi router - SOLUTION HERE

@KiwiChris wrote:

Every so often I see the wifi light on the printer go from solid on, to flash then go solid again and at that point the app says "printer not connected". Sometimes I can refind the printer, sometimes I have to reboot the app and/or the printer. Sometimes I can't seem to refind the printer and after a few minutes of trying give up and come back later.

i was trolling this site looking for answers and found a previous thread from last year that suggested all sorts of setting changes on the Orbi router.

So you found the solution. Can you mark this solution found, so others who have the same issue will see the solution?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Wireless printer periodically connecting/disconnecting from Orbi router - SOLUTION HERE

@KiwiChris wrote:

So you found the solution. Can you mark this solution found, so others who have the same issue will see the solution?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7