Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: With 2.1.4.10, Orbi does not know devices

AustinBike
Star

With 2.1.4.10, Orbi does not know devices

I have roughly 37 devices on my network.  

When I check the orbi console it tells me 34 or 35 devices. Then when I click on that icon I see ~19-20 devcies listed.  Then I refresh the console and I get ~24-28 devices.

But I know that there are 37 devices.

Is anybody else seeing this?

And, please, don't recommend a factory reset to solve this.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

i see this all the time...but the real question is..."what does this have to do with the speed(?) and function of your network?  Does it work?

Message 2 of 7
AustinBike
Star

To me the issue is that I cannot be sure that I am not seeing dropouts. It is not comforting. Quite frankly when I see simple things like this not working it is an indicator of other possible problems. It is like seeing a roach at a restaurant- an indicator of how they view cleanliness.
Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@AustinBike wrote:
To me the issue is that I cannot be sure that I am not seeing dropouts. It is not comforting. Quite frankly when I see simple things like this not working it is an indicator of other possible problems. It is like seeing a roach at a restaurant- an indicator of how they view cleanliness.

fair enough...for me the dropout assessment is at the point of execution.  Attempt to connect to Internet (i.e. laptop, IPAD, Iphone, etc) , if they work I'm fine, if not, i dig further.  I don't put too much faith in the 'device connection list'.

Message 4 of 7
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

Actually when I compare the list to what's happening with DHCP messages etc, it does seem what is connected was accurate as of the moment the list was generated.

I didn't use to have disconnect problems but I do now.  It's mainly noticed when I'm trying to use my Samsung S8 as a remote to my Harmony Hubs.  But I do also see an Iphone on the network cut in and out as well.

The hardware and concepts behind Orbi are great but unfortunately, they really can't seem to figure this stuff out over on the engineering side.  We should be moving forward with features, not spending six months on these 'basic' items such as general connectivity etc.

Message 5 of 7
tsig
Luminary

It's flaky.  I am looking at my video doorbell as I type and Orbi does not show it as a connected device.  It works though so I don't really care.

Message 6 of 7
Jcsmith760
Tutor

I’m having the same problem after installing 2.1.4.10 and resetting to factory default. Although devices are connected and working properly, some devices are not showing up in Netgear tools as connected. This isn’t a major problem, however Netgear needs to fix in the next firmware update. I need to know what devices are connected for security and troubleshooting reasons.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7