Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wow!!! Firmware V2.0.0.72 Released

Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Wow!!! Orbi Firmware V2.0.0.72 Released

Just logged into my router and it gave me the option to upgrade the firmware.

Have now Upgraded to V2.0.0.72

Haven’t had too much time to explore but early indications are WOW !!!

There are some serious improvements that are going to make all the difference to an already impressive system.

Message 1 of 151
memiran10
Aspirant

Betreff: Wow!!! Firmware V2.0.0.72 Released

What brings the latest firmware?

Message 2 of 151

glad to see this hit the servers , its been brewing in beta for quite some time

apart from the daisy chain topology users should notice stability improvements as well as an improved attached device list and a few new things in the advanced setup section including vlan support

pete

Message 3 of 151
nick77vet
Tutor

Wish they would add VPN client capability, so I can put my whole network on a VPN. 

Also, wish they would add real time throughput and cumulative data use for each device. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 151
st_shaw
Master

I'd expect the daisy chaining to come with a throughput penalty, similar to a repeater.  I have only one satellite, so I can't test it.

Message 5 of 151
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Well, considering I’ve been banging on about ethernet backhaul for months I’m glad I held the faith and stuck with it.

One happy camper here Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 151
st_shaw
Master

@Bing-StrollerAre you assuming (or have you confirmed) that daisy-chaining means Ethernet backhaul? I would think it means wireless meshing of the satellites, especially since the setting is under Advanced Wireless settings. 

Message 7 of 151
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Hands up, it's an assumption - not in a position to do any testing at the minute.

But, it actually suits my setup even better as the layout and plans i have are more suited to wireless meshing of the satellites.

Forgive me, its all the excitement Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 151
Dustin278
Apprentice

I have been on BETA for a couple weeks and it has been FLAWLESS so hopefully this is the same. Does anyone know what Enable Fast Roaming is? and Enable Daisy-Chain Topology?

Message 9 of 151

fast roaming is designed to make your clients switch between the router and sat/s faster

daisy chain will allow you to run like this

orbi router -----  orbi sat ------- orbi sat

instead of

orbi sat ---- orbi router ----- orbi sat

Message 10 of 151
captain_phaser
Apprentice

Are there release notes posted for this firmware?

Message 11 of 151
UAFlyer757
Initiate

Finally under wireless settings it shows what band each device is on (i.e. 2.4 or 5 GHZ)! Been waiting for that for a while.
Message 12 of 151
jlangner
Tutor

Still did not fix galaxy S8 issue. Still can only use guest network. 😞

Message 13 of 151
cyberprashant
Luminary

Note that it will wipe all your settings so take a screenshot of any port mappings etc

Also i had to resync the satellite routers...perhaps a good thing to clear out any old settings
Message 14 of 151
spinkick
Apprentice

That is because it's am s8 problem, not an orbi problem. The August update fixed it. If you are on t mobile you don't have the update yet
Message 15 of 151
Mikey94025
Hero

My upgrade to 2.0.0.72 did not lose my old settings.  My port forwarding, etc. all stayed put.

The new firmware lets you change the wireless power settings again, so you can set 2.4Ghz transmit power control to 100% / 75% / 50% / 25%.

Message 16 of 151
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Is it still the recommended policy to do a factory reset after an update such as this ?

Thanks.
Message 17 of 151
babul
Aspirant

I crossed my fingers and I've upgraded to v2.0.0.72. Everything seems to be working just like before, which is fantastic! I have all manner of 23 devices connected within the house. 

Message 18 of 151
Algester
Guide

Upgrade went well. My only problem is that I am unable to edit the VLAN ID tag. It defaults to name "internet" and Id of "10" but the ISP I use here in Australia (TPG on HFC cable) requires VLAN Id tag of 2. It doesnt allow me to edit the value, just stays stuck on the 10.

Has anybody else have same problem? Need to get this sorted out so can use the Orbi in Router mode and not in AP mode.

Message 19 of 151
cyberprashant
Luminary

@Mikey94025 wrote:

My upgrade to 2.0.0.72 did not lose my old settings.  My port forwarding, etc. all stayed put.

The new firmware lets you change the wireless power settings again, so you can set 2.4Ghz transmit power control to 100% / 75% / 50% / 25%.

i was coming from a modded downgrade to 1.11.0.20 so perhaps they saw it fit that mine needed a complete wipe. 😄  

SO far so good!

Message 20 of 151
rajis
Guide

Anyone testing out Live Parental Controls? I still get the "There was an error signing in, pleae make sure you're connected to the Internet and try again." that started showing up around 1.11.0.20

Message 21 of 151
JMU1998
Luminary

Are we allowed to finally use the Implicit Beamforming feature?

Message 22 of 151

i have it enabled here and no issues , also have mu-mimo enabled

Message 23 of 151
alister1
Tutor

Update seems to have fixed my random Orbi freezing after streaming to my 2017 Samsung Q7 smart TV. August update did fix the previous wifi dropouts on the S7 and S8 phones as well.

Bravo so far!

Message 24 of 151
thebishop
Apprentice

This firmware finally fixes all the outstanding issues I've seen, both iOS dropouts as well as a Macbook Pro disconnect. It also is significantly faster (get another 100Mbps out so 500+ now) and latency went down from around 5 to 3.5ms in my test. Overall a great upgrade.

Daisy-chaining and transmitt power control are the icing on the cake.

There is now only one single thing I would like to see, and that is ethernet backhaul - after that, the Orbi is full-featured and seems to perform just great. Running for a few more weeks and it will end up being recommended to friends and family (which I reserve for well working great products).

Message 25 of 151
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7