Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XBOX continuously losing connection with orbi... if connecting at all

Seanj516
Follower

XBOX continuously losing connection with orbi... if connecting at all

Somone send help! Gamer in need!

First... I know I should have a wired connection but I tried a wired connection and same issue.

Second... instant on is not enabled

Third.... I have done port forwarding

I have an RB50 with Two additional sats. All my other devices connect just fine and maintain internet connection. For the past month or so my xbox has been having issues. I didnt have issues at first when I got the Orbi. Sometimes the xbox will connect fine to internet, connect to xbox live and I can game play for maybe a few hours or as long as I want. Then sometime I lose connection after being connected to the internet within 20 or 30 minutes. Also sometimes Xbox will say I am connected to internet but internet test yields "No DNS" error. Other times I can't connect to internet at all which I went through last night. I tried rebooting main unit. I connected to internet for 10mins before lost connection. On reboot again no connection. On reset of modem and orbi base no internet on xbox.

Foing into web interface I could see on reboot where xbox would connect and then magically disappear. I also notcied at one point where xbox was connected to orbi base unit and not the closest sat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: XBOX continuously losing connection with orbi... if connecting at all

I would try to enable beamforming and MUMIMO in the advanced wireless settings also try to disable daisy chaining if that is on. You also my want to change your DNS server to something like googles DNS to test if that is a issue since you said you are getting a DNS error.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7