Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox Series X slows my entire network down

Kelmay
Aspirant

Xbox Series X slows my entire network down

I just bought a series X and whenever it is on my entire house's devices slow to a crawl. I had a Xbox One X and did not have this issue. I have 1Gig internet, Orbi RBR850 and have the xbox wired in. It doesn't matter if I have it on wireless or not. This immediately started as soon as I added the series x to my network. Any suggestions would be helpful. I've tried restarting router, xbox, modem etc numerous times and nothing has helped. I haven't seen anyone else have this issue. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xbox Series X slows my entire network down

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
arlomike
Apprentice

I've also experienced this.. not sure what xbox is doing but it also appears that it's saturating the network. Possible that its might be hitting a pps limit in router mode. I'm planning to get some pcaps and see wth is going on.  Coincidentally,  the satellite its connected to slows down to 20 to 30mbs after some time... it could be the xbox thats triggering it.  Never had this many problems with a wifi system that costs 700.  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7