Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox killing network

Mitewot
Aspirant

Xbox killing network

Have seen some previous posts but no real solution. Frequently when I go to connect to Xbox live it will knock my Orbi network offline. Still getting internet to the modem, but nothing beyond that. I have assigned static IP and put box in DMZ, but still not working. Any help would be appreciated.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Xbox killing network

@Mitewot wrote:
Have seen some previous posts but no real solution. Frequently when I go to connect to Xbox live it will knock my Orbi network offline. Still getting internet to the modem, but nothing beyond that. I have assigned static IP and put box in DMZ, but still not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Which model Xbox are you referring to. My Xbox 360 and Xbox One are not having any issues, I did not set up any ports, no DMZ, just forgot the WIFI networks and reconnected. Can get Xbox Live on both Xboxes. It probably has somethng to do with the static IP and DMZ. Try removing those settings, reboot the Orbi system, search for WIFI or connect cable, (which could also be the problem), on Xboxes and rejoin the WIFI network

Message 2 of 7
Mitewot
Aspirant

It’s the XboxOne. The static IP and DMZ are my attempts to solve the problem based on some previous reads. The Xbox is direct connected to the router. Have experienced same issue wireless as well.
Message 3 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@Mitewot wrote:
It’s the XboxOne. The static IP and DMZ are my attempts to solve the problem based on some previous reads. The Xbox is direct connected to the router. Have experienced same issue wireless as well.One, try to reconnect either wired or wireless. I'm not sure why it's doing what it's doing.

Any switches in between the Xbox and satellite or router? 

Message 4 of 7
Mitewot
Aspirant

Negative. Hard wired to satellite. This is the only device that kills the network. I assigned a static IP of .200 to ensure there are no conflicts with any other devices.
Message 5 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Have you tried plugging into the router instead of the satellite, to see if it acts the same way? I just searched the net and everything points to the XboxOne. IP conflict, bad cable, factory reset, power cycle, check network settings, etc.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using on the orbi system? 

What is the mfr and model# of the ISP Modem or ONT connected to  the RBR? 

DMZ is not needed or recommended for use with game consoles. 

You only need to either use Dynamic IP addresses or set a reserved IP address ON the RBR for the xbox. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@Mitewot wrote:

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7