Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox live will not work with Orbi RBK50 for some reason - Please help

hgeeman
Aspirant

Xbox live will not work with Orbi RBK50 for some reason - Please help

Hello,

I have an Xbox One and the Orbi RBK50 with satellite.  For some reason, Xbox live will not work.  When I connect the Orbi wifi to the XBox One, it says it is connected successfully, but the NAT shows unavailable and Xbox live says it is not connected and I can't access anything in the store.  I have tried all the rebooting, wiping MAVC addresses, etc.  I know it is the Orbi because when I connect directly the the ISP supplied wifi router, everything works fine and I can get on XBox live.  What do I need to do to fix this?  I've read perhaps I have to change the IP address on the Xbox and assign the static IP from the Xbox in the Orbi and then do some port forwarding also?  Also, I'm on the latest firmware version of the Orb, 2.0.0.74

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
AkiraX
Guide

Re: Xbox live will not work with Orbi RBK50 for some reason - Please help

1. Try downloading the new fall guide for your xbox one. It was released today. See if everything works.

2. if that doesnt work, goto settings, network, network settings, advanced, Alternate port selection, Manual and try selecting a custom xbox live port other than the default 3074. This is a new feature in the xbox one fall update. See if that works.

Message 2 of 3
hgeeman
Aspirant

Re: Xbox live will not work with Orbi RBK50 for some reason - Please help

Thanks.  I'll give it a try and report back.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7