Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox one issues on Orbi

cpvan822
Aspirant

Xbox one issues on Orbi

The Xbox one in our house will no longer work with the Orbi. It is hardwired and says that the router will not give it an IP address. I have restarted the Orbi and my modem to no avail. Anyone out there with other solutions to this problem? We have had the orbi for several months without an issues and in the last few weeks have had trouble with both wired and wireless devices. I have had to go into our phones and laptops and give them new static ip addresses to solve the problem.

Thanks for any help!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Xbox one issues on Orbi

Hello Cpvan822

Did you do a full factory reset by holding the reset button for 10 seconds? Also did you try to assign a Ip to the xbox in the xbox network settings?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
gfrey
Apprentice

My kid's XBox One is hardwired to the Orbi.  It gets an IP address just fine.  I ended up reserving the IP address so that I could shutoff it's internet access after a certain time.  Anyhow, I never had an issue with it or anything else from grabbing an IP address.

Message 3 of 8
cpvan822
Aspirant

I tried resetting to factory settings but it did not work. It is telling me that the router or the modem is not providing an IP address. I do not know how to reserve an IP or assign an IP to the Xbox. It is currently showing that it is wired and it has an IP address of 172, but the orbi is showing up as either an 10. or a 192., so I am confused as to where the 172 is coming from. Any help or links to tutorials that show how to assign an IP or put in a manual IP would be appreciated. I have also tried to connect it using the wireless network and am getting the same "Can't connect with an automatic IP address".

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
cpvan822
Aspirant

I just tried connecting the Xbox to my mobile hotspot and it worked successfully so the probem is indeed with the Orbi and not with the Xbox. We know have several other items in the house that are hardwired that are not being allowed to access the internet even though access control is allowed for all new devices. 

Message 5 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello cpvan822

Are you using a Modem/router combo unit if so do you have it bridged or set to modem only?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 8
cpvan822
Aspirant

It is set to modem only and I have moved the Orbi over to AP mode hoping that would fix the issues. It did not.

Message 7 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello cpvan822

Here is how to reserve the Ip address 

https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-reserve-an-IP-address-on-my-NETGEAR-router?cid=wmt_netgear_org...

DarrenM

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7