Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xfinity App or oauth.xfinity.com will not connect

Heartless274
Initiate

Xfinity App or oauth.xfinity.com will not connect

I reset my Orbi/Satellite a few months ago to fix an issue with being able to connect to oauth.xfinity.com which is an HTTPS site.  I even updated my advanced settings to prevent HTTS from being blocked.  I still have issues connecting for viewing my account with Xfinity or when Showtime Anytime wants me to update my credentials to keep being able to use it on my streaming devices.   I have to use my mobile phone while disconneced from my home wifi anytime I want to do anything related to my Xfinity account services because of this glitch.  I've seen other people post about this but I can't seem to find a solid solution to this issue.

I really don't want to keep resetting the router just to access this site every 2-3 months just to clear out whatever is causing the site to be blocked.  This also appears to be the only site that is getting blocked on my home wifi.  I also can't find anything visable in the advanced settings that would randomly just keep adding oauth.xfinity.com to be blocked.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Xfinity App or oauth.xfinity.com will not connect

1. What modem are you using? 

2. What firmware is on your orbi?

3. Are you using a different dns provider?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7