Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xfinity Speed is 1.4gbps; Orbi only testing 940mbps. What gives?

rbr750issues
Follower

Xfinity Speed is 1.4gbps; Orbi only testing 940mbps. What gives?

I have an Orbi RBR750 with Orbi RBS750 satellite.

Xfinity just let me know that my connection has been upgraded to 1.2gbps. To archieve that, I've just installed a new gateway from Xfinity set up in bridge mode with the Orbi attached via LAN.
What I'm confused about though is that the gateway's speedtest is consistently reading 1.4gbps while the Orbi's internal speedtest maxes out at 940mbps no matter what I do.

Is there a hardware reason why an Orbi RBR750 wouldn't be able to achieve the full 1.4gbps potential on a single connection? Was wondering if it's an issue of the advertised 4.2gbps being the combination of four cat5 ports vs. what is possible on a single port's connection.

Thanks for any help from networking pros

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xfinity Speed is 1.4gbps; Orbi only testing 940mbps. What gives?

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

You'll not see anything much over 900Mpbs on the wire thru the Orbi AX. Lan port connection rates are limited to 1000Mpbs max. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xfinity Speed is 1.4gbps; Orbi only testing 940mbps. What gives?

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

You'll not see anything much over 900Mpbs on the wire thru the Orbi AX. Lan port connection rates are limited to 1000Mpbs max. 

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7