Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Yet another complaint of connection dropping on my orbi sattelites

mvpguerra
Tutor

Yet another complaint of connection dropping on my orbi sattelites

I have a RBR50 Router and three RBS50 satellites.

All was working perfectly for some months. I haven't change anything, I haven't updated lately (though all units have the last firmware version).

Somehow, randomly the sattelites loose connection without any king of interference. I've tried to reboot and work around it, but if one has to do it every each day, this is an absolute piece of garbage. 

It's so frustrating that this system is really expensive and what amazes me the most is that to ask for assistance from Netgear you have to pay further more!!! This is a real decepcion. Makes me want to throw eveything away and go for google or any of the other ones out there, much less expensive!

The threads with this kind of problem are long, pose no working solutions, and just show that this isn't reliable and people are being ripped of. I'm really disappointed. I have even recommended this to several people and helped seting up in some friend's houses, but right now my own reputation is on the line because of the lack of support. I hope that the Arlo systems are getting a better customer support now that they went out of Netgear, and since I have a bunch of cameras from them...

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

I think that this is the issue related to Satellite connectivity introduced in v2.3.1.60 as well as 2.3.5.30. I used to do the following to get around this issue:

1. Switch off the Satellite
  2. Go to Attached Devices in the web GUI and click on the "Disconnect" button beside the Satellite in questions
  3. Turn on the Satellite and use a paper clip to factory reset the Satellite
  4. When the Satellite is up after factory reset, press the Sync button on the Satellite (if you have wired backhaul then keep the Ethernet cable to the Router connected while doing the sync) and then press the Sync button on the Router
  5. When the Satellite is added after this procedure it should behave correctly.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
mvpguerra
Tutor

Thank you for your kind answer. This issue is making me mad for some days now and I may have wrote the post in despair (with some typos and everything) after trying so many things and reading so many complaints...

I will give it a go and let you know on developements.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 5
mvpguerra
Tutor

I see no such disconnect button on my GUI...

I will try to proceed with the reset without pushing that button though.

As you can see the first satellite in the list has a "fraco" (weak in portuguese) status while being no more than 7 meters away from the next satellite in a straight line, with a thin wall in between them. It used to have a strong signal since the start up until a few weeks ago...

Capturar.JPG

Message 4 of 5
mvpguerra
Tutor

Nevermind. After resetting, the button did appear...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7