Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Z-Wave Integration - Orbi Wifi System

rollinsj
Initiate

Z-Wave Integration - Orbi Wifi System

Reference using Z-Wave with Orbi Systems.  Went to the Netgear Support and they said post the question here.  So, does anyone know if Netgear will eventually be able to link Z-wave devices with the Orbi System.

I like the idea of a mesh wifi, since I am fighting dead spots and I currently have two wifi routers (one is a bridge) to give me coverage.  That will be a discussion on the Orbi System.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Re: Z-Wave Integration - Orbi Wifi System

Orbi doesn't have Z-wave radios.  What did you have in mind in terms of "linking Z-wave devices?"

Message 2 of 4
rollinsj
Initiate

I have several items (locks and doorbells) operating on Z-wave and just wanted to know if they will eventually be picked up with the Orbi.  There are some products that have it planned to allow full access.

Message 3 of 4
loomis1975
Luminary

If you want mesh wifi and home automation in the same unit, the only mesh router I know of is the Samsung Connect Home system, it has a Smartthings hub built in, and all that goes with that.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7