Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Zero handoff RBR50 doesn't seem to be working right

Dranik
Initiate

Zero handoff RBR50 doesn't seem to be working right

Hello, 

I have Orbi RBR50 and one satellite. When I'm moving from my house to a backyard zero hand off is not working and it takes a maybe 5 seconds to get connected from the router to satellite. I see that wifi gets disconnected and then connected again. If I'm on a call then call get dropped as well.  My phone is Samsung S10 plus, so it should be compatible. Sattelite connected to the main using using wire. 

Running the same firmware on router and satellite  V2.5.1.16.  I don't think it ever worked properly. 

These all are enabled. 

Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliability, & range for all mobile devices
Enable MU-MIMO
Enable Fast Roaming

If someone has any idea how to make zero handoff to be close to zero without dropping a call please let me know. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Zero handoff RBR50 doesn't seem to be working right

handling of the switching of the signals is also a mobile device handling event as well, it's up to the device to make this switch when signals and conditions change. Something to ask Samsung about. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Wifi signal over lap is important between the RBR and RBS. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7