Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

about connecting NVR to NAS through Orbi RBK53S

jasperpeewee
Follower

about connecting NVR to NAS through Orbi RBK53S

Other than basic wifi usage, I'd like to have the following senario. 

Connecting NVR (network video recorder) to the orbi router, and then connect NAS (network attached storage) to orbi sattelite. Both connections are through ethernet cable. My questions are:

1) Would it be possible to transfer data on NVR to NAS?

2) If 1) is possible, will the transfer affect the connection speed for other devices, such as tablet, phones.

3) If 1) is possible, and if the network is down (i.e., the modem is broken or internet service is disruppted), am I still able to transfer data from NVR to NAS?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: about connecting NVR to NAS through Orbi RBK53S

@jasperpeewee wrote:

Other than basic wifi usage, I'd like to have the following senario. 

Connecting NVR (network video recorder) to the orbi router, and then connect NAS (network attached storage) to orbi sattelite. Both connections are through ethernet cable. My questions are:

1) Would it be possible to transfer data on NVR to NAS?  The connection is easy.  Software to do the transfer is a function of the NVR.

2) If 1) is possible, will the transfer affect the connection speed for other devices, such as tablet, phones.  Not particularly unless the transfer is HUGE and continuous.  It's a gig connection.

3) If 1) is possible, and if the network is down (i.e., the modem is broken or internet service is disruppted), am I still able to transfer data from NVR to NAS?  Yes, internal connections within the LAN are independent of the WAN connection.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7