Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

add on sattelite Rbk50

yneke
Aspirant

add on sattelite Rbk50

I bought an add on sattelite because of this picture. But I read that an add on sattelite must be in the range of the router. This picture suggests a sattelite-sattelite connection. Can I send my add on back? Because I feel misled. Thanx, Y.

Schermafbeelding 2017-10-22 om 15.54.01.png

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: add on sattelite Rbk50

@yneke wrote:

Where can I find how to make a daisy chain?

@tagteam Gave you the instructions to enable the feature.  You can verify if Daisy Chain is active by looking at the "Attached Devices" page in Orbi.  It will show what device each satellite is connected to.  Be aware that the Orbi system will decide whether to use daisy chain or to connect directly to the router, based on the signal strength.  You cannot force the system to use daisy chain. Don't expect to see daisy chain in use unless the second satellite is very far from the router and the first satellite is in between the two.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

Update to the latest firmware.  Enable the "daisy chain" feature. The satellites will then behave as shown in the picture.

Technology changes quickly, with firmware updates, etc. When you read something somewhere, you should make sure what you read is up to date, accurate, and corroborated by other reliable sources before feeling misled.

Message 2 of 5
yneke
Aspirant

Software is uptodate. And the picture is on the box... Of course it is my responsibility to check if a 'promise' on the box is correct. But, yes, I still feel misled.

Message 3 of 5
tagteam
Virtuoso

@yneke wrote:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network.
2. Enter orbilogin.com. A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.
5. Check the "Enable Daisy-Chain Topology" box (under "Backhaul Technology").
6. Click the Apply button.

Message 4 of 5
st_shaw
Master

@yneke wrote:

@tagteam Gave you the instructions to enable the feature.  You can verify if Daisy Chain is active by looking at the "Attached Devices" page in Orbi.  It will show what device each satellite is connected to.  Be aware that the Orbi system will decide whether to use daisy chain or to connect directly to the router, based on the signal strength.  You cannot force the system to use daisy chain. Don't expect to see daisy chain in use unless the second satellite is very far from the router and the first satellite is in between the two.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7