Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: attached devices shows devices that are physically wired as connected via wireless

Jroach
Luminary

attached devices shows devices that are physically wired as connected via wireless

Having issues with network "thrashing".  

General: I put in Orbi a few months back.  Continuosly troubleshooting things that I can't quite figure out if I'm having multiple device issues or an Orbi issue.  The satellite has already been replaced.

Problem: One specific issue I see is that I have a server that is wired directly to Orbi.  When looking at attached devices it shows as "2.4Ghz Guest".  Wireless is turned off at the server and I don't even have the "Guest" network enabled.  If I reboot Orbi it will show "wired" for a few seconds then switch to 2.4Ghz Guest.

Once I can figure this out I want to try and determine why some devices show "2.4Ghz guest" vs "2.4Ghz".

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
Jroach
Luminary

Re: attached devices shows devices that are physically wired as connected via wireless

Quick edit/addition:

When the server shows up as being connected "2.4Ghz Guest" it is attached to the satellite not the router.  

Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is the router system using? 

Maybe something that will be changed in next FW update. 

Message 3 of 10
Jroach
Luminary

Good question.  I am on 2.1.2.18.

I have heard that this version is a BIG problem but I can't figure out how to go back to the previous version to see if my issue is related to firmware.  

Message 4 of 10
Jroach
Luminary

I found the old version of Firmware.

Downloading now and will install/report back.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Well if this is just a display issue and the system is working otherwise, it's recommended to keep whats loaded. 

However, let us know. 

Message 6 of 10
Jroach
Luminary

Downgraded the firmware per my previous post.  For anybody reading this make certain you downgrade the satellite first.  I didn't follow that step and it was a real pain to fix it.

So far the devices are showing up correctly.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear it's working better. 

Enjoy. 

Message 8 of 10
Jroach
Luminary

Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Hope next update will be good.

Enjoy for now. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7