Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

beta firmware v1.11.0.8

jmbarbs
Apprentice

beta firmware v1.11.0.8

Have had the Beta v1.11.0.8 installed for nearly a week and massive improvements to how my wifi is now performing. In particuar for the first time since purchase i can now have beam forming turned on without any of my nest cameras dropping. Also i havent had any IOS disconnections since.

Am happy finally that we seem to be moving in the right direction in getting the Ortbi system running to its potential

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: beta firmware v1.11.0.8

If anyone else is looking to test the Beta firmware and give feedback send me a PM.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Darren,

I am on .20.  Can i use .8?  If so, I'm interested.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Send me a Pm with your name, email, and phone number and our support team will contact you with the beta firmware. Also can you tell me what devices you are seeing disconnects on? This beta is only for RBK50 units.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 11
kadmus11
Guide

Same here.

No more disconnects on my android and ios devices. I also have mimo and beam forming turned back on and it's great.

Wil be sticking with this until it's incorporated into a non beta release.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 11
Landerx
Apprentice

I hope the beta firmware fixes the disconnect issues.

Ed.

Message 6 of 11
kadmus11
Guide

Well, after a few days I can say that the ios disconnects have stopped.

However, my android phone has started getting disconnects again. So it's better but it still hasn't fixed everything.

Message 7 of 11
Landerx
Apprentice

How did you get the beta firmware? I pm'd the moderator but never got it.

Message 8 of 11
kadmus11
Guide

I got it through pm with Darren. Then I got a link from Netgear support. I think even if he doesn't answer you, he passes it on.

Message 9 of 11
LeBullet
Apprentice

So, I've been using v1.11.0.8 and I have to say it's really been a very good step forwards.

beyond a few heat camera drops a day, (no beam forming here), most of my other issues of the last few months are resolved or greatly improved at least.  No system reboots, restarts or soft reboots, all been good.

ive noted much improved IPad battery drain Sonos works great, as does my Hue syste,, my SkyQ now works as it should again, all the download speeds are good, and I'm generally pleased with the progress.  

Thanks guys, can you advise when we should actually upgrade our firmware, when the fixes are made mainstream please?

kindest,

AG

Message 10 of 11
rhester72
Virtuoso

I turned in my final report today on beta 8, and it essentially mirrors yours (and my testing was *extremely* thorough).  There are a few minor issues, but nothing preventing it from being at least Release Candidate quality.  I do hope they are close to public release.

Rodney

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7