Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: blocking device

LateAdopter
Aspirant

blocking device

I want to be able to block a particular device during hours after midnight.  However, when I go to advance settings/security in my account, all the options are greyed out so i can't amend any of them (screenshot attached).

can anyone tell me how I can block a specific device?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

@LateAdopter wrote:

thanks.  That is very helpful.  It is currently attached to my Virginmedia router which is why it is not in router mode.  Would the orbi work as a stand alone router so i could use it in the other mode?  Or do i need to ask Virginmedia about that?

Yes you can change Orbi to router mode but you should then set the Virginmedia router to "Bridge",  "Passthrough", .. or similar modes depending on the router model that you have. Do you have the manual and access to the router? If not then you'll need to check with Virginmedia how to bridge the router or if better if they can change the router to a simple modem with no routing functionality.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Do you happen to have your Orbi in AP mode?

Message 2 of 7
LateAdopter
Aspirant

Yes,it's in AP mode

Message 3 of 7
ekhalil
Master

Blocking sites and services is not possible when Orbi is in AP mode. In this case you should be able to control this from your ISP router.

Please note that the following router features are not available (grayed out) when Orbi is in AP mode:

- Guest Network
- QoS
- Setup Wizard
- Port Forwarding/Port Triggering
- Remote Management
- UPnP
- IPv6
- Traffic Meter
- Parental Controls
- Block Sites
- Block Services
- VPN service
- VLAN/IPTV setup
- Internet Setup
- WAN Setup
- LAN Setup
Message 4 of 7
LateAdopter
Aspirant

thanks.  That is very helpful.  It is currently attached to my Virginmedia router which is why it is not in router mode.  Would the orbi work as a stand alone router so i could use it in the other mode?  Or do i need to ask Virginmedia about that?

Message 5 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@LateAdopter wrote:

Yes you can change Orbi to router mode but you should then set the Virginmedia router to "Bridge",  "Passthrough", .. or similar modes depending on the router model that you have. Do you have the manual and access to the router? If not then you'll need to check with Virginmedia how to bridge the router or if better if they can change the router to a simple modem with no routing functionality.

Message 6 of 7
LateAdopter
Aspirant

thank you very much for very helfpul responses

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements