Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: can I still use my 3 RBS50 Satelites (RBK50) with a new RBK852 / 853 ?

mktourits
Follower

can I still use my 3 RBS50 Satelites (RBK50) with a new RBK852 / 853 ?

I have been using an RBK50 with 3 satellites for some time, but I am not satisfied with the performance, as the network coverage on the upper floor is poor and the range from the router to the satellites is also insufficient.

Now I'm thinking of buying a new 3-unit (Router+2 Satelites) PBK852, But I would like to continue using my existing satellites. Is this possible? The RBS50s were also not really cheap and it would be unnecessary to dispose them.

Thanks for info and ideas to solve my problem.

Martina

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: can I still use my 3 RBS50 Satelites (RBK50) with a new RBK852 / 853 ?

@mktourits wrote:

Now I'm thinking of buying a new 3-unit (Router+2 Satelites) PBK852, But I would like to continue using my existing satellites. Is this possible? The RBS50s were also not really cheap and it would be unnecessary to dispose them.

The WiFi backhaul radios on the "AX" Orbi are 802.11ax which are not part of the hardware of the original Orbi product, so these original satellites can be connected to the new AX router only with ethernet cables. This is impractical for most customers.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7