Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can i hard wire a satellite to another satellite that is connected wirelessly to the router?

twobrain
Aspirant

can i hard wire a satellite to another satellite that is connected wirelessly to the router?

getting poor performance from a distant satellite, can i just an ethernet cable between the 2 satellite to improve performance? thanks

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: can i hard wire a satellite to another satellite that is connected wirelessly to the router?

No difference.  They just showed examples.  People report using WiFi for the "first hop" all the time.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: can i hard wire a satellite to another satellite that is connected wirelessly to the router?

Message 2 of 4
twobrain
Aspirant

drawing 2, is showing the 1st satellite connected via ethernet to the router. wondering if it makes a diffrence if it is connected wirelessly?

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

No difference.  They just showed examples.  People report using WiFi for the "first hop" all the time.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7