Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can no longer get Netflix or amazon movies Orbi RKB50 using verizon Fios

Ksa56
Aspirant

can no longer get Netflix or amazon movies Orbi RKB50 using verizon Fios

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: can no longer get Netflix or amazon movies Orbi RKB50 using verizon Fios

We usually look for "what changed?"  For example, Netflix and Amazon movies worked with Fios before installing an Orbi, but do not work after installing the Orbi?  Or, they worked before a firmware upgrade but not after?  What is being used to view the movies?  (TV? Roku? Laptop?, etc.)

How is the Orbi configured? (router? Access Point?)

A number of community members have experience with FIOS, and might be helpful if they know more about the situation.

Message 2 of 8

@CrimpOn wrote:

A number of community members have experience with FIOS, and might be helpful if they know more about the situation.

True, but they also need to know about how the FIOS delivers Internet to the user. Probably through some sort of as yet unnamed box from an equally anonymous Internet service provider.

Message 3 of 8
Ksa56
Aspirant

Thank you for responding.  I can watch netflix and Amazon on all my computers and ipad. I am trying to watch on 2 roku tvs and one older tv through a 5 or 6 year old Samsung home theatre. The Samsung is what allows me to watch netflix and amazon. Oddly on the Roku tvs I can watch ROKU with no issues. Netflix comes up but with no pictures just empty boxes. when I click on a box it loads to 24% and stops. Amazon comes up like normal but when I try to watch it just goes black and spins. Sometimes on Amazon I get not enough Bandwitch.

Message 4 of 8

@Ksa56 wrote:

I can watch netflix and Amazon on all my computers and ipad. I am trying to watch on 2 roku tvs and one older tv through a 5 or 6 year old Samsung home theatre.

Smells like a problem with the Samsung.

These things are notoriously troublesome with networking, especially older stuff.

Is that a wifi connection with the Samsung?

You could help by answering the questions that @CrimpOn and I have asked.

Message 5 of 8
Ksa56
Aspirant

Yes the samsung is a wifi connection. I figured at first the problem was probably that the Tv was older and so was the Samsung system. But the 2 tvs upstairs are new ROKU tvs and I can not watch either Netlix or amazon on those tvs. Verizon was out a year ago and switched out the fios power box in my house for something newer and my router is from fios less than 2 years old.   

Message 6 of 8

@Ksa56 wrote:

... my router is from fios less than 2 years old.   

That does not tell us enough. Does it have a make and model number?

If it really is a router, then you have two routers on your network.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unless you have specific reasons for using two routers – to create two separate networks for example – it is often easier to use just one router and then to set up the second router as a wifi access point. Netgear advises this, as does just about every site you will visit.

There may be ways to get the modem/router to cooperate, but sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Is your Orbi a retail Orbi or did your ISP give you the Orbi? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7