Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: can orbi satelite alone works with different router than orbi router?

HannoosH
Aspirant

can orbi satelite alone works with different router than orbi router?

I just Bought RBK50, it is on the way .. while I was checking I didnt find clear information about the possibility to have the ORBI satelite works without orbi router .

Other products like Nokia Beacon 3, each unit can work as Satelite and mesh router .

hope that this will be possible .

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
Chuck_M
Mentor

No... you need an orbi router to work with an orbi satellite.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The one time I tried this, I had my satellited wired to the Orbi base. I removed the base and changed to a different router, leaving the satellite ON and connected via LAN wire to the different router. It continued to. I didn't power OFF and ON the satellite to see if it would operate after that. I presumed it wouldn't as it probably needed to checking with the base that was no longer there. So this portion is not proven. 

@HannoosH wrote:

I just Bought RBK50, it is on the way .. while I was checking I didnt find clear information about the possibility to have the ORBI satelite works without orbi router .

Other products like Nokia Beacon 3, each unit can work as Satelite and mesh router .

hope that this will be possible .

Message 3 of 4

@HannoosH wrote:

The RBK50 is an Orbi kit that comes with an Orbi router (Model RBR50) and an Orbi satellite (Model RBS50).

If that is what you bought, were you planning to use the satellite somewhere else rather than with the router that is also on its way to you?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7