Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: can't access orbi app

angusweir
Tutor

can't access orbi app

I have connected the main Orbi device (router) to my ISP's modem. I have changed the name of the SSID and I can eccess the internet through this configuration without any problem.

When I am trying to check on the Orbi configuration by going to orbilogin.net I often (but not always) get the 

Looks like you’re not connected to your Orbi’s WiFi network. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. Try the following steps to get connected:

page.

I am definitely connected to the Orbi wifi (it is the SSID I am connected to), but the problem persists.

I have cleared the cache on the browser, used a different browser, recycled the modem and router and still not success.

an IPCONFIG gives me the following:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : lan
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : fd80:717a:b60b:3d00:31ec:b803:ea63:c854
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : fd80:717a:b60b:3d00:e989:6ac2:7a4e:8d9c
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::31ec:b803:ea63:c854%8
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.17
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

but when I go to the default gateway I get to the ISP modem.

Sometimes my PC has a 10.0.0.nn ip address and other times it has the 192.168.1.nn address

When I access the modem I can see which devices are connected to it (by MAC address) and can't find the Orbi device listed - but everything is working to get me to the internet!

As I can't access the Orbi machine I do not know what is going on or what to try next. Any help appreciated.

The Orbi app on the android phone also gives the same message, despite being connected to the same SSID. I tried turning off mobile data to ensure the phone is using the wifi,still no success. Just rebooted the phone with mobile data off and still the same.

I am confused 😞

Help!!!!!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

You seem to have dual routers in your network.
You have two options:
1. Set Orbi to AP Mode. In this case the ISP Router will be your network’s router.
2. Bridge the ISP Router or set it in DMZ forwarding mode. In this case Orbi will be your main router.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

I would point the browser to 192.168.1.1.

Message 2 of 6
angusweir
Tutor

@CrimpOn wrote:

I would point the browser to 192.168.1.1.

Thanks for the thought - but that just gets me to the ISP modem, not the Orbi router.

Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

You seem to have dual routers in your network.
You have two options:
1. Set Orbi to AP Mode. In this case the ISP Router will be your network’s router.
2. Bridge the ISP Router or set it in DMZ forwarding mode. In this case Orbi will be your main router.
Message 4 of 6
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

If you have two routers (the Orbi and another), and the Orbi is connected to the other router, most likely the Orbi will get the IP address of 10.0.0.1.     Connect directly to that IP address instead of Orbilogin.net.   You can then set it up in AP mode.

Use a PC/Tablet/Browser via Phone if no PC/Tablet - not the APP, it will be much easier.

Message 5 of 6
angusweir
Tutor

Thanks for the solution - took a while to connect as I couldn't get to 10.0.0.1 until I connected via cable, disconnected from wifi, released and then renewed ip address, but managed to get it all working.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7