Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't print to HP3755 from 2 Mac laptop

skolnabber
Aspirant

can't print to HP3755 from 2 Mac laptop

I have 2 different Apple laptops. Prior to installing the Orbi RBK0 router, I could print to my HP Deskjet 3755. I can no longer print to it. Although the printer is connected to the router, the printer utility says it is not connected. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
skolnabber
Aspirant

Re: can't print to HP3755 from 2 Mac laptop

As per your instructions, via the System Preferences > Print & Scan, I deleted the old printer and added the printer (it had a slightly different name) and both computers can now print. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

I imagine you are familiar with the general process:

https://hpsetup.co/123-hp-deskjet-3755-wireless-setup/

Assuming that the new Orbi WiFi has exactly the same WiFi name (SSID) and password as the previous WiFi, my guess is that the printer had one IP address when connected to the previous WiFi network and has received a different IP address from the Orbi.  Maybe the laptop needs to "forget" the printer and go through the connection process again.

If the SSID and/or password changed, then the printer has to be set up on WiFi again.

Message 2 of 3
skolnabber
Aspirant

As per your instructions, via the System Preferences > Print & Scan, I deleted the old printer and added the printer (it had a slightly different name) and both computers can now print. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7