Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't update Orbi?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

can't update Orbi?

I see an update for my Orbi on the Netgear site for my V2.5.1.16, RBR50-V2.7.0.70.img and RBS50-V2.7.0.70.img (which did not show up under an auto update), so I tried to update manually. I clicked Update and got a 500 error?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: can't update Orbi?

This is a v2 with satellite, e.g., Orbi RBR50v2 and Orbi RBS50v2.

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

V1 vs. V2 should make no difference.  Others have reported manually installing V2.7.0.70 on these Orbi models.

If you really, seriously, desparately want to do this, start with the satellite first by connecting directly to the satellite web interface and select Firmware Update.

I am still taking a "wait and see" attitude.  My Orbi isn't broken, so I am not in a hurry to "fix" it.

Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, I updated the satellite just fine. I'm having the problem with the router per se.
Message 4 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Are you connected to the router with ethernet or WiFi?

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm on Ethernet LAN.

Message 6 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I rebooted the router (which gives us Internet + Phone + TV + wireless for Phones, etc.) and then I was able to update the router.  It seems a reboot after updating the satellite was required?

Message 7 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

I have never rebooted like that, but good that it worked.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7